The next square dance in Columbia will be Wednesday, March 21st, at Cafe Berlin. It will take place 8-10 pm. Jim Thaxter and Laura Idle will call dances, and John White will fiddle. It is following a Beard Contest 6-8 pm that Farm and Fiddle (a radio show on KOPN) is hosting as a fundraiser for KOPN. Farm and Fiddle will air live from Cafe Berlin 7-8. Everyone is of course welcome to attend the contest too. You can enter the contest for $10 and Cafe Berlin will have a dinner available for $10, too. Part of the money from those fees will benefit KOPN. The dance will be free, but KOPN and the musicians will gladly accept donations!! Thank you!
We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Contra “Watermelon” Dance – July 19, 2019 River Ghost Review with Jim Thaxter Calling
- Contra Dance – June 7, 2019 Blackberry Pickers with Paula McFarling Calling
- Contra Dance – May 31, 2019 Scraphounds with Claire Baffaut Calling
- Contra Dance – May 17, 2019 Three Around Three with Jim Thaxter Calling
- English Country Dance – May 10