We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Contra “Watermelon” Dance – July 19, 2019 River Ghost Review with Jim Thaxter Calling
- Contra Dance – June 7, 2019 Blackberry Pickers with Paula McFarling Calling
- Contra Dance – May 31, 2019 Scraphounds with Claire Baffaut Calling
- Contra Dance – May 17, 2019 Three Around Three with Jim Thaxter Calling
- English Country Dance – May 10
One our favorite dance musicians, John White, passed away on Saturday, August 12. He regularly played for our MMTD contra dances with his band Nine Mile with David Cavins, Amber Gaddy and Jim Ruth. He is also the person who organized the Hallsville Square Dances for so many years. His fondest wish was for them to continue after he was gone.
A Celebration of Life service will be held at Bach-Yager Funeral Chapel at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, August 19, followed by a reception with a “Jam Session” to honor John’s life. A visitation will from at 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., Friday, August 18, at the Chapel.