We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Contra Dance – Oct. 18th 3 Around 3 with Paula McFarling Calling
- English Country Dance – Oct. 11th with Bob Green calling (in Jefferson City)
- Contra Dance – Oct. 4th, 32 BarTenders with Claire Baffaut Calling
- Potluck and Contra Dance – Friday, September 20, 2019
- Contra “Watermelon” Dance – July 19, 2019 River Ghost Review with Jim Thaxter Calling
Category Archives: Concerts
Mark your calendars now for this special treat! Kim Lansford and Nate McAlister, who are scheduled to play our contra dance on February 3, will also be giving a house concert on Saturday, February 4, at Thom and Sarah Howard’s … Continue reading
This weekend is the Big Muddy Festival on Main and Vine in Boonville, Missouri. The festival opens at 7:00 p.m. on Friday with a concert at Thespian Hall, featuring Roger Netherton, Lee Murdock, Mike Gentry, Matthew Olwell & John Skelton, and Cathy … Continue reading
John White and the Nine Mile Band Joined by Howard Marshall, Emcee and Jim Thaxter, caller Begins at 7 p.m. Location: Dorsey Hall, Columbia College Admission: $10, $5 with student ID This event showcases The Nine Mile Band, formed by leader John … Continue reading