The children’s department of the Columbia Public Library has hosted several family dances over the years, including the fall Costume Ball and the midwinter Snow Ball. Check the library’s program guide for announcements about upcoming events for children and their families.
We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Contra Dance – Dec. 6th Pat and Possum with Jim Hemphill Calling
- Nov. 29th – No Dance! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Contra Dance – Nov. 15th Mound City Slickers with Paula McFarling Calling
- English Country Dance – Nov. 8th with Elizabeth Couture calling
- Contra Dance – Nov. 1, 2019 River Ridge String Band with Claire Baffaut Calling