Limited home hospitality is available in Jefferson City and 30 miles away in Columbia. Some dancers will be carpooling from Columbia. For home hospitality in Jefferson City contact Molly White at 573-694-5254 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For Columbia, contact Peter Yronwode at 573-355-7811 or email@example.com.
- Candlewood Suites: Closest to Capital Ritz (dances and workshops). Kitchenette with fridge, 3514 Amazonas Dr, Jefferson City, MO 65109, 573-634-8822. $120/night – split 4 ways maybe? Map
- Baymont by Wyndham Jefferson City: Easy drives to dance venue, after dance socials/jam sessions, and downtown stuff. 319 W Miller St, Jefferson City, MO 65101. 573-636-5231. $70-100/night. Map
- Victoria’s by the River BNB: For a luxury experience overlooking the Missouri River and within a block of Paddy Malone’s (site of the Saturday night social/jam session.) Mention the dance weekend and register by
Feb 15thfor a $20 discount. Update: This has been extended to Feb 28! There are still rooms left. At 722 Cliff St, Jefferson City, MO 65101. 573-636-2013
- Arris Bistro (close to Baymont Hotel) 409 W Miller St
- J Vietnamese Cafe (brand new to Jeff City) 1406 Missouri Blvd
- Mel’s Country Cafe (cheap diner close to the dance venue) 22421 Industrial Dr
- Paddy Malone’s Pub (local landmark and Irish pub food) 700 W Main
- Ecco Lounge (historic local eatery) 703 Jefferson St
- Prison Brews (open Sunday if you’re sticking around after the dance) 305 Ash St
- Central Dairy Ice Cream Shop (local 1930s landmark) 610 Madison
- For snacks and brunch food: Gerbes Grocery Store (walking distance just to the north of the dance venue) 2805 W Truman Blvd
- The Capitol Building: 201 W Capitol. Open 8-5 daily. It’s a mess right now, but it’s open, free, and looks really odd! The fun begins with trying to find the door! (Spoiler: south side carriage entrance is open.) Art work and free tours. History museum on the ground floor.
- Runge Nature Center: 330 Commerce Drive. Nice trails and small nature center just around the corner from the dance venue. Free. Nature Center open 8-5, closed Sundays and Monday. Trails open 6 am – 9 pm daily.
- Missouri River and Katy Trail:Park at Clay Street Trailhead Plaza, near the Main Street exit to Hwy 54. Use the pedestrian/bike bridge to cross the river. Marvel at the bridge infrastructure and pigeons! Follow the trail to Noren Access to hike the primitive trail along the river bank or bike to the Katy Trail.