Spring Breakdown, March 29-31, 2019
- Weekend pass: $80/$45 (adult/student)
- Friday night dance: $20/$12
- Saturday workshops (each): $10/$5
- Saturday workshops children 7-15: free
- Saturday night dance: $25/$15
- Sunday waltz and dance: $15/$10
- Checks and cash accepted at the door (ATM at Gerbes Grocery a block away)
All events, except Friday and Saturday night after-dance socials/jam sessions are at Capital Ritz, 2716 Plaza Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65109, map and directions.
Friday, March 29
6:30-8:00 PM: Registration
8:00-11:15 PM: Contra Dance with STEAM! and
Mac McKeever and Bob Green calling.
11:30 PM-1:00 AM: After-Dance Social and Jam Session (Bring a snack to share. Bring your musical instruments.) The Mission, 915 E High St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, map.
Saturday, March 30
10:30 AM-noon: Community Dances Workshop, with music by Amber Gaddy and David Cavins, and Jim Thaxter calling. (Family friendly)
1:30–2:45 PM: Playing for Contras, Musicians’ Workshop with STEAM! (Capital Ritz annex, next door to main venue)
1:30–2:45 PM: International Folk Dancing, with Judy Stein, Capital Ritz breakout room by the main entrance.
1:30–2:45 PM: Clogging with Claire Zucker of STEAM! and music by Amber Gaddy and David Cavins, Capital Ritz breakout room by stage.
3:00–4:45 PM: Creative Contras with STEAM! and Jim Hemphill calling.
7:30-10:45 PM: Contra Dance with STEAM! and calling by
Jerome Grisanti and Claire Baffaut.
11:00 PM-1:15 AM: After-Dance Social and Jam Session (Bring a snack to share. Bring your musical instruments.) Paddy Malone’s Pub, 700 W Main St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, map.
Sunday, March 31
10:00 AM–Noon: Potluck brunch* (Juice, coffee, and tea provided. Some breakfast casseroles and oatmeal and toppings provided. Please bring an item to share) – Capital Ritz, 2716 Plaza Dr, Jefferson City, MO 65109.
Noon-1:00 PM: Waltzing with STEAM!
1:15-3:00 PM: Contra Dance with STEAM! and calling by John and Kathy Coffman.
* Suggestions for the Sunday Brunch: If you have access to a kitchen consider bringing a casserole, home baked goods, or a salad. If no time to cook, good choices from the store are: deli meats, cheese, smoked salmon, and fruit. There is a Gerbes grocery store within a block of Capital Ritz. If you wake up late just come to the brunch and enjoy!