We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Contra “Watermelon” Dance – July 19, 2019 River Ghost Review with Jim Thaxter Calling
- Contra Dance – June 7, 2019 Blackberry Pickers with Paula McFarling Calling
- Contra Dance – May 31, 2019 Scraphounds with Claire Baffaut Calling
- Contra Dance – May 17, 2019 Three Around Three with Jim Thaxter Calling
- English Country Dance – May 10
Tag Archives: Big Muddy
Big Muddy Festival 2019 details found here.
March has five Fridays, which means a bonus contra dance! This Friday, March 31, we’ll enjoy dancing to music by Three around Three, featuring Pippa Letsky on fiddle, Cliff White on guitar, and Bill Foley on banjo. Excellent calling will be provided by Paula … Continue reading
This weekend is the 25th Anniversary Big Muddy Folk Festival on Main and Vine in Boonville, Missouri. The festival opens at 7:00 p.m. on Friday with a concert at Thespian Hall, featuring Ron Wall, Phyllis Dale, Bob Shad and Jazzou Jones, Leela and … Continue reading