We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Cancelled: Contra Dance – Mar. 20, 2020 – 32 BarTenders, Caller Claire Bauffaut
- CANCELED: English Country Dance – Mar. 13, 2020 – Caller Jim Thaxter (NOTE: location is in Jefferson City)
- No Dance – Mar. 6, 2020 (Support True/False)
- Contra Dance – Feb. 21, 2020 – Coreopsis – Caller Paula McFarling
- English Country Dance – Feb. 14, 2020 -Caller Elizabeth Couture
Tag Archives: Columbia MO
There will be no First Friday contra dance in March due to the True/False Film Festival. Upcoming important dates for your calendar: Friday, March 13, 7-10 PM: English Country Dance with Jim Thaxter calling, at a special location, the Unitarian … Continue reading
Our caller, Jim Thaxter, developed an interest in traditional dancing about the same time he was discovering the banjo. One thing led to another and he was a regular on the dance floor at the old-time contra dances about 40 … Continue reading
Contra Dance – Friday, Jan. 31st. Our lively dance music will be provided by 32 BarTenders, with Tom Verdot (fiddle and banjo), Rebecca Logan (flute and penny whistle), Thom Howard (guitar and mandolin), and Marcie McGuire (piano). 32 BarTenders mixes up … Continue reading