We dance most first, third, and fifth Fridays (see schedule for details).
We always dance to live music. All ages and experience levels welcome. No partner needed.
Contra Dance at The Ballroom Academy of Columbia, 3906 Peachtree Dr. (faces Monterey Dr.), Columbia, MO 65203
English Country Dance at Trinity Presbyterian Church 1600 Rollins Road.
7:30–10:00 pm (beginners’ lesson at 7:00)
Admission $8.00 ($5.00 for ages 16–25 or with student ID; free for children 15 and under)
- Contra “Watermelon” Dance – July 19, 2019 River Ghost Review with Jim Thaxter Calling
- Contra Dance – June 7, 2019 Blackberry Pickers with Paula McFarling Calling
- Contra Dance – May 31, 2019 Scraphounds with Claire Baffaut Calling
- Contra Dance – May 17, 2019 Three Around Three with Jim Thaxter Calling
- English Country Dance – May 10
Tag Archives: Hallsville square dance
One our favorite dance musicians, John White, passed away on Saturday, August 12. He regularly played for our MMTD contra dances with his band Nine Mile with David Cavins, Amber Gaddy and Jim Ruth. He is also the person who organized … Continue reading
Join us, weather permitting, on Tuesday, July 12*, 6:30-9:00 for dancing down by the riverside at Cooper’s Landing. We’ll enjoy live music and dancing under the shade of the big sycamore, while the sun sets over the river. There is no admission … Continue reading